Tuesday 14 June 2011

Flailing Optical

Check out my sweet background image. Cool eh?
That there is the 1st ever full coloured drawing I've done that filled an entire page.
I did it in 2008 when I lived in Blenheim for a bunch of months. Those 4 or 5 months were probably the most productive months of my life up until that point.
I was living in a tiny flat with a small Samoan family and a life long WINZ recipient and alcoholic named Rodney.
I spend those months drawing every single day. Aiming to do something interesting on (at least) 1 page per day.
Maybe all the creativity was because I had no social life at the time or that I couldn't communicate to the people I was living with. Maybe I needed a distraction from my boring factory job. But maybe it was because I had discovered COLOUR

Colour was the most important thing that could've happened to me creatively.
Here's a bunch of examples of how I've exploited it.













No comments:

Post a Comment